Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 1 in SAT Class

We have started on the first day with a list of SAT words. These words should come in handy when I take my SAT and I am going to appreciate www.cau.edu/Academics_Trio_Program_.aspx for helping me out. I wonder if any of you have taken the SAT and know the definition to these words.
  • Abjure
  • Abrogate
  • Abstemious
  • Acumen
  • Antebellum
  • Auspicious- promising success: favorable
  • Belie
  • Bellicose
  • Chicanery
  • Churlish
  • Deleterious
  • Diffident
  • Enervate- to deprive of force or strength
  • Epiphany
  • Evanescent
  • Expurgate
  • Facetious
  • Fatuous
  • Gauche
  • Hubris- excessive pride
  • Inculcate
  • Jejune
  • Lugubrious
  • Nihilism
The three that I really use in my everyday language and will help me in the future are auspicious, enervate, and hubris. Thanks to ....... 

https://www.google.com/

2 comments:

  1. My students often get confused about "auspicious". Can you use it in a sentence?

    ReplyDelete